Monday, February 7, 2011

My First Taste of Thrift
[Thrift Town: San Francisco]

As my first post, I'd like to share about my first real taste of the thrill of thrifting.  I had first heard about Thrift Town from ReceshBreak back in 2009, but I didn't get a chance to visit until fall 2010 when I convinced le bf to make the trek to the Mission.  Up to this point the only used items I'd ever bought were CDs and books (the treasures of which could be posts of their own). 

To be honest, Thrift Town didn't live up to its hype but I did manage to score this white H&M jacket for just $2.99!  No stains, all zippers and buttons functioning, 100% cotton, machine washable.


 

 

I wasn't able to find info on my particular jacket online, but here is a similar style (new arrival at Old Navy) that costs $39.50 retail:



I think my H&M jacket was priced so low at Thrift Town because the red tag doesn't say "H&M" on it, so whoever priced it probably didn't recognize it. It pays to know your clothing labels!

And thus, I was convinced of that it is possible to thrift (well) in SF...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...