Thursday, June 16, 2011

[EXPIRED] Free Song: "Deer in the Headlights" by Owl City
[iTunes]



iTunes is offering a free song from Owl City's latest album All Things Bright and Beautiful, which just released on Tuesday.  Click here to get "Deer in the Headlights" gratis (you will need to have iTunes installed and an iTunes account).

Adam Young explains the meaning behind the song in an interview with Christianity Today:

What's the story behind the new song "Deer in the Headlights"?
I enjoy writing largely from the imagination, and usually that produces rather abstract imagery. But with "Deer in the Headlights," I wrote a personal song that plays close to the chest in a way that no other song I've written ever has. I was ending a serious relationship at the time, and I was harrowed by the fact that so many people (specifically me) have a funny tendency to desire romance merely for the sake of avoiding loneliness, which ultimately means it's not about LOVE at all! Sometimes it's easy to be "blinded by the light" and forget all about what true romance is designed by God to be. When all you focus on are the warm fuzzies, a relationship can become dangerous and disastrous very quickly. So the song plays closely to the fact that I needed to pull myself out of the lights and remember what's more important than the romantic butterflies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...