Monday, May 9, 2011

LC Lauren Conrad Sequin Shift Dress
[Kohl's: Colma]


Two weeks ago I scored the above dress on super sale at the Kohl's in Colma for a mere $12.00.  The dress retails for $60.00 but was 80% off, so I used some merchandise credit and paid $0 out of pocket!

I wasn't surprised that this dress didn't come with a belt (since I'd read complaints about the lack of belts on LC dresses here and here), but once you add a belt to define your waist, I bet this dress would create a very flattering silhouette on various body types.

Here's a preview of how I envision wearing it for a special occasion with my bf or a night on the town with friends:

Dress: LC Lauren Conrad Sequin Shift Dress (buy here)
Belt: came with a Stylementor dress from Yesstyle (same belt here)
Shoes: Merona Mackenzie cork wedges from Target (buy here)
Nails: "Phenomena" by L.A. Colors Color Craze (see post here)

There were a number of dresses left in this style when purchased mine, so I encourage ladies to try checking in stores before purchasing online at a higher price.

3 comments:

  1. cute! what size did you purchase?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @jannamae Hi, thanks for stopping by! I'm 5'2", about 105 lbs and I got a size 2 (the smallest size I could find). You can see in the pic that the arm holes are huge, and the overall fit is very loose, so the sizing is pretty generous. If you aren't sure what size to get, the deciding factor might be what length you want. I'm sure LC is wearing a size 2 or smaller, but since she's at least 2 inches taller than me, her hemline falls noticeably shorter (although that could also be b/c my bust is smaller!). Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...