Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ruffle Me Up
[Old Navy: Colma]

I don't say this about many things, but I definitely am my mother's daughter when it comes to shopping.  She loves to shop and goes almost every weekend.  This time she and I went with my grandma in tow as well.  We drove about 30 mins south of the City to the small town of Colma, known for shopping centers, car dealerships, and cemeteries.  (Lovely, I know.)

We made a quick stop at Old Navy in the 280 Metro Center so I could exchange some jeans, but of course I couldn't help making a short detour to the Clearance section, just to browse.  One of the first things that caught my eye was this ruffle collar, wool-blend coat:


Stock photo:
(clearly much more purple than the real thing)

I'm a pretty avid Old Navy shopper, so I knew this coat had been part of their winter line and had, on numerous occasions, been 50% off in stores over the past few months.  With the tag showing the original price of $69.50 and no clearance sticker in sight, I brought it to the register with me to get a price check.

It rang up as $45.99, which I was NOT willing to pay, but the girl behind the register said she was pretty sure the coat should be on clearance and sweetly offered to check with the manager for me.  The manager came around, thought for a second, and said, "I could do it for $19.99."

To be honest, the stingy side of me wasn't all that impressed with $19.99 but I bought it anyway since (1) Old Navy has a good long return policy (90 days for full refund or exchanges) and (2) I had a gift card, so only paid about $6 out of pocket.

The coat fits well at the shoulders and sleeves, but otherwise is pretty loose.  I tried on an XS in a different style and the body fit me perfectly but the shoulders were too tight (grrr at my disproportionate body).  Also, this coat is only about 60% wool so I'm not sure how warm it will be.  But the rich royal blue color is pretty, and I do have a weakness for jackets and coats, so I'm a bit torn.  Should I keep it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...